About 1 1/2 years ago I was looking for some flowers for our front yard. I have had about 5% luck when it comes to growing flowers here in Texas. The only thing that I have been able to keep alive are some mums (which grow like weeds), salvia (which grows like weeds) and lantana (which grows like weeds). Apparently to grow anything down here, they have to be just like weeds and grow in any condition because there is terrible soil and no water and heat like an oven down here.
When I found a pot of daisies I wasn't sure whether I should get them, but when I looked at the tag, they were named "BECKY" daisies. I took it as an omen and bought the gallon container. For the last 1 1/2 years I have patiently waited for some of the flowers to grow. NOTHING! I thought they had died over the summer because honestly, not much survived this past summer. The leaves were completely brown and cripsy too. BUT, low and behold, as soon as the heat disappeared, look what appeared.
I was so excited that I sat for about 15 minutes taking pictures of my daisy. Bree kept rolling her eyes saying, "Are you still taking pictures of that ONE flower?"
Yes, Bree I was still taking pictures of my one daisy. And I love it!
You can see a bit of the purple salvia in the background that survived the summer heat too (but of course it can grow anywhere).
No comments:
Post a Comment