Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quotes by Breanna

I rarely remember to write down funny things my kids say, so this blog is a way for me to remember those funny times. Read on if you like, otherwise I will keep these little goodies for myself.

A month or so ago Breanna was looking over my shoulder as I was reading e-mails. The phone rang and I answered it without much thought (I usually don't answer if I think it is a solicitor). I immediately realized it was a solicitor when they asked for Mrs. Corry. Without thinking I told them "she" (I) wasn't there.

After hanging up, Breanna looked at me bewildered and asked if I just lied to the person on the phone. A bit sheepishly I told her yes, and I wasn't being a good example to her. She immediately said without reservation, "don't worry mom, I know better than that and I won't lie like you do."

She put me in my place.
About a week ago Breanna got into trouble for throwing a fit about piano and sassing me (this happens regularly). As a "good" parent I reprimanded her and sent her to another room until she could calm down.

Later she asked me why I always got mad at her. (I don't always get mad first of all, and if I do, it is usually warranted by tantrums). But anyway, I told her as a parent it is my responsibility to discipline when children sass or talk back.

She then asked if it is my responsibility to use ANGRY EYEBROWS when I get mad. Trying to hide my laughter I told her "yes, as a good parent, you must use the angry eyebrows."

She thought for a minute and then did her best impression of angry eyebrows (she has it mastered, by the way). She said, "like this, mom?"

"Yes, Breanna, you are going to be a wonderful parent!" I replied back.

1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

That is awesome, don't you just love kids!