Thursday, January 14, 2010

Domestic divas

I can't tell you how many light colored shirts I have stained while I am cooking (especially spaghetti), but I have always been too lazy to buy an apron. So lately I have had my eye out for one. I know I could get some cheap one at Wal Mart, but I kind of wanted a cute one. Call me vain or whatever but if I have to cook (which isn't my forte) then I at least want to look "cute" doing it. (I know I'm not the only one out there who feels this way, or there wouldn't be so many styles and types of aprons out there, instead of boring, white, plain ones).

One of my problems though is that I don't like to spend good money on something I know I can do myself. So after about six months of looking at aprons that I felt were way overpriced, I finally decided to make one myself. Jason helped pick out the fabric and buttons even (he probably wouldn't want you to know this).

I was also too cheap to buy a pattern, cuz it's an apron not a prom dress. So there were a few things that didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but it turned out OK in the end. Anyway, here is the finished product.

I had so much fun making this one for me that I decided to use my left over fabric and make one for Breanna. I didn't have quite enough of either fabric it make it the same, but I used just about every scrap I had. It may never get use, but it looks "cute" hanging on its hook.


Here is another apron for Bree's friend's birthday. Bree picked the fabric. I'm sure it won't be a big hit, but it was fun anyway.

No comments: