Friday, April 13, 2012

Jason's birthmonth


Forty years ago my wonderful husband was born onto this earth. Since forty is such a big year, I decided that it wouldn't be enough just to celebrate his birthday, but that we had to celebrate his BIRTHMONTH.

So on March 1, the kids and I made this banner to put up for the whole month of March. Every weekend during this month we did something fun to celebrate Jason's birthmonth.

On the first weekend of March I bought some tickets to a Brahma's hockey game. I was so excited because they were playing in a bigger arena for some special promotion. I bought ticket three rows up off the ice. Here you can see how close we were to the ice.


Unfortunately, as soon as the other people came and took their seats, we couldn't see a thing. The pricier tickets weren't high enough to see in front of the other fans. You can see that Jason is even having a hard time seeing. Bree kept standing up too (I don't think the people behind us were too thrilled about that).





So after the first period, we went way up into the stands and found great seats (that would have cost me half the price I paid).

Both Brahmas games we've been to have been disappointing on the winning front. They got killed 4-0. Oh well, it was fun to be there. I will definitely get tickets at the smaller arena next time though, where there is a much better view of the game.

No comments: