For months I have wanted to plan a surprise party for Jason. Unfortunately, I am not good at these things and I couldn't figure out a way to pull it off. I racked my brain trying to come up with something good for him, but it wasn't happening.
Well, a party practically fell into my lap. There were two other couples in our ward who were going to be Mas and Pas on our youth Trek, the Branns and the Ellworths. We thought it would be good to get together to practice cooking a meal in our dutch ovens since none of us had done much of it before. So one of the other couples, the Branns, volunteered to have a dinner at their house on March 3rd, which was a Saturday.
The idea to make it into a surprise party just came to me a few days before so I had to throw some things together and send out quick invites to several friends from the ward. Luckily I have some great friends who helped pull it all together and it worked out wonderfully.
After the three "Trek families" had made their dinner, we were all out on the patio of the Brann's house. All the other couples came to their home while we were outside. After they all arrived we went back in the house and all the other friends in the house shouted "Surprise".
Jason was really surprised, which is why it is called a surprise party I suppose. We all ate cake, ice cream, candy, and a bunch of other goodies (including the dutch oven cobbler we made). Then we played some games and called it a night.
I didn't take any pictures because I got side tracked, but I did get a picture of the cake I ordered from Nothin' Bunt Cakes. I made the cake topper though. That cake was probably the best cake I have ever tasted. The top was white chocolate raspberry and the bottom was red velvet cake. It was Heaven!
(Do you like my Aggie cake topper?)
Jason had a good time and I was relieved to all worked out. Good times!!
No comments:
Post a Comment