
Breanna is not what anyone would consider a girly girl. As a matter of fact she hates that term, but really doesn't want to be considered a tom boy either, which she really isn't. Breanna is just a well rounded girl. She plays well with either boys or girls, and she adapts well with whatever is going on around her.
I never thought she would show any hint of the girly stuff. I remember when she was a bit younger she was invited to a Sweet n' Sassy party (a place where they do makeovers, manicures, dress -up etc). Breanna was horrified when I told her she had to go. When I went to pick her up she looked so cute. She had her hair up in cute little bun thingys, blue eyeshadow with sparkles everywhere. She had cute fingernails too. As soon as we walked out of Sweet n' Sassy, she imediately pulled her hair out and announced she had to get her make-up off before her dad saw her. She was so embarassed by looking this way. That is the typical Breanna I know and love.
But, lately, I've seen a girly side of Bree that is sneaking through. I wouldn't tell her this, but it is happening. A few weeks ago I was in my closet cleaning it out and I looked out into my bathroom. There was Breanna trying on some of my eye make-up. She put eyeshadow on, (it looked like she had black eyes), and she tried to put eye liner on, but it went everywhere. When I came out of the closet she asked me to help her take it off, which I did. But she asked if I would put some of the mascara on her. I put a little on her pale little eyelashes and suddenly she had surprisingly long, lush eyelashes. She got the long lashes from her daddy, my lashes are pathetic. Anyway, it was sweet to see that side of her.
Another example happened today. It is picture day today, so for about twenty mintues last night Breanna and I had to discuss what she would wear. She wanted to wear a big dress, with tights and her "high heel" shoes. She has PE today so I said "no". We went back and forth trying to make some compromise as to what she could wear to school. Finally we came to an agreement. She wore a nice simple shirt with a denim skirt. She had to wear running shoes for PE but she insisted that she could just change into them before PE. So she wore socks with her "high heels". It wasn't a very nicely coordiated outfit, but she was thrilled to look all "beautiful" for pictures. I just have to pick my battles with that child and this wasn't worth a big battle. So she may not have the best style, but there is a bit of girly coming through.
I never thought she would show any hint of the girly stuff. I remember when she was a bit younger she was invited to a Sweet n' Sassy party (a place where they do makeovers, manicures, dress -up etc). Breanna was horrified when I told her she had to go. When I went to pick her up she looked so cute. She had her hair up in cute little bun thingys, blue eyeshadow with sparkles everywhere. She had cute fingernails too. As soon as we walked out of Sweet n' Sassy, she imediately pulled her hair out and announced she had to get her make-up off before her dad saw her. She was so embarassed by looking this way. That is the typical Breanna I know and love.
But, lately, I've seen a girly side of Bree that is sneaking through. I wouldn't tell her this, but it is happening. A few weeks ago I was in my closet cleaning it out and I looked out into my bathroom. There was Breanna trying on some of my eye make-up. She put eyeshadow on, (it looked like she had black eyes), and she tried to put eye liner on, but it went everywhere. When I came out of the closet she asked me to help her take it off, which I did. But she asked if I would put some of the mascara on her. I put a little on her pale little eyelashes and suddenly she had surprisingly long, lush eyelashes. She got the long lashes from her daddy, my lashes are pathetic. Anyway, it was sweet to see that side of her.
Another example happened today. It is picture day today, so for about twenty mintues last night Breanna and I had to discuss what she would wear. She wanted to wear a big dress, with tights and her "high heel" shoes. She has PE today so I said "no". We went back and forth trying to make some compromise as to what she could wear to school. Finally we came to an agreement. She wore a nice simple shirt with a denim skirt. She had to wear running shoes for PE but she insisted that she could just change into them before PE. So she wore socks with her "high heels". It wasn't a very nicely coordiated outfit, but she was thrilled to look all "beautiful" for pictures. I just have to pick my battles with that child and this wasn't worth a big battle. So she may not have the best style, but there is a bit of girly coming through.
No comments:
Post a Comment