She and Joshua both did great. I just waited on the side lines to try and get some pictures. Either someone ran in front of the camera or they were blurry, so I didn't get many pictures for to blog, but you get the idea.
I was proud of both the kids for not stopping or complaining. They both really thought it was cool.
Then right after the 1 mile was done, Jason and I ran the 5K. I can't say that it was fun, as the name "fun run" tries to imply. I actually kept wondering why I was doing it the whole time. I don't find anything fun about running really (except being done). I do it because I am basically lazy by nature. I know I need to exercise and running is the quickest way to accomplish that.
I listened to ABBA the whole time, trying to get my mind off the actually running part. It worked OK, it actually has quite a good beat. Who wouldn't be psyched up listening to "Take a Chance on Me" or "Dancing Queen". Jason doesn't need music, he has no problem running (I think all the Corrys have unending endurance. I ran with Becky last year and she was just chatting away like she was leisurely walking).
Well Jason and I both improved our times from last year (yeah, we did it last year too, I obviously didn't learn my lesson). Jason improved by a minute about (his time was 23:25 minutes)and I improved by almost three minutes (my time was 25:20).
My running buddy, CarieAnn, got 2nd in our age group, out of 73 ladies our age. She came in a whole minute before me (Way to go CarieAnn). I got 6th. Four of us ladies came in within 11 seconds of each other and they all passed me on the last little stretch, arrrrrgg (can you hear my growl).
I'm pretty sure I was hyperventilating that last little bit of the run because I was mighty dizzy when it was over. I really hate running :)
But.....it was a fun memory for the family, so it was
1 comment:
Becky, I am impressed with your running time! Good for you....from your northwest running cousins. Tera and Anna both enjoy running. I like running once I am finished because I feel better!
Aunt Tess
Post a Comment