Well The Grandmas came in last Friday from Utah where the weather is nice and chilly (or cold to be exact, snow and everything) to our 85-87 degree days (with 70% humidity). It was a bit of an adjustment for them I'm afraid. We tried to keep them inside as much as possible but that didn't always happen.
Friday and Saturday consisted of a lot of shopping. None of us enjoyed this too much, except for the kids, who seemed to think shopping was suddenly great when you have The Grandmas with you. They like to spoil the kids.
Saturday Breanna had her first audience ever (besides Jason, Josh and me) while she played soccer. She didn't disappoint. She played hard and showed The Grandmas her talent. Besides the temperature and the sun, it was a fun time.
On Monday Jason took the day off and the kids were out of school so we went to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. This is one of our favorite places to take people because it is really pretty and peaceful. We took a LOT of pictures, so enjoy.
Breanna must get her goofiness from Grandma Corry, what do you think?
Josh and Breanna with Grandma Corry (like grandmother like granddaughter).
Breanna and Josh with Grandma Norman
The kids are getting in touch with their inner selves. Climbing on the YIN and YANG, always a favorite.
Who doesn't love hanging out with the koi fish? Breanna is even thinking of becoming one, she loves their food.
Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil. What cute monkeys (of course I'm talking about the statues).
We also made our traditional sugar cookies that we make for most holidays (I don't know why we do this because I'm the only one who eats them after it is all said and done, but it is fun). I didn't quite make the frosting thick enough, so the cookies left a little to be desired as far as looks go. But the kids (and the adults I think) had a good t
Joshua's poor cookie fell apart, how sad is that? Breanna is our little cookie artist at work.
Virginia brought me a new bread recipe, some good yeast and some soy stuff (to replace the oil). We had a good time experimenting with the bread and all the things you can make with it. We had several rolls, cinnamon bread, and a cream cheese desert thingy that all take less than an hour from start to finish to make. I'm sure I'll be able to put that bread recipe to good use.
The Grandmas left this morning and it was sad to see them go. We are very glad that they were able to come and visit though. We'll look forward to seeing them next summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment