Saturday, February 13, 2010

The final accumulation.....

was 11.5 inches in 24 hours! We smashed the previous record of 7.8 inches in a 24 hour period. They have never seen so much snow in one day since they have been keeping record here in north Texas.


This is what we woke up to on Friday right out our front door :)!! It is hard to tell but yes, there are 11.5 inches in our yard, we measured.

It was perfect that the kids got a snow day because every child I know took full advantage of this. Hours were spent outdoors. Josh wore some of my old snow boots I bought in college. I've thought many times I should chuck them, but I'm glad I didn't.

We left all of our snow shovels in Utah so we couldn't shovel our driveway, but it will melt soon.

Jason even got into the fun and helped build a snowman in our front yard. There were snowmen everywhere. As we drove down the streets there were snowmen dotting the landscape. It was quite the sight.

It was about the ugliest snowman ever, but I loved him (he has fallen to the ground this morning, they don't handle melting well).


Have you ever seen an uglier mug?

The kids and I built a couple of snow forts in the back yard and had a snowball fight. Breanna said to me as I was building the fort, "Mom, I've never seen you so playful before." I told her it was the snow. It made me feel like a kid again growing up in Utah.
That comment made me think though. She has never seen me playful?! I need to change that. I must do a better job having fun, not always being the boring parent.

The high today is supposed to be in the 50s so it will all melt, but it was a blast while it lasted.

1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

your so lucky. Here we are in Utah, the state that is suppose to get tons of snow and we haven't seen a storm like that all year. Enjoy it while you can.