Sunday, February 28, 2010

Breanna Air Corry

Yesterday was the last day of basketball. Every game the coach announces the players as they run onto the court. This is what the coach says to introduce Bree: "Coming in at just over four feet tall, our point guard, who never touches the ground, Breanna Air Corry."

Their team this year was really good. They had some really good shooters and rebounders. Yesterday was our toughest game yet. It was down to the wire, and somehow our girls came from behind to pull off a two point win. Bree contributed at least 12 of their 36 points (I lost track because I was a bit stressed, don't ask me why). Bree may be the smallest out there, but I like to think of her as the John Stockton of the team, she has great ball handling skills and she is fast. She definitely takes after her dad.

I felt really bad because it was also Joshua's last game yesterday but he started feeling sick in the morning so he missed his last game of the season. I never got any good pictures of him playing which I was planning on doing during this last game. I was really bummed about that. He had a really good season personally. His team didn't win many games (usually it was a slaughtering by the other team), but he learned a lot and really improved.

Its always a bit sad when the season ends, but now its on to soccer for Bree (she already has had two games) and Josh will just stay with tennis.

No comments: