Monday, February 1, 2010

I have a problem (well a lot of problems, really, but one specific I am speaking of). I get certain hobbies or projects going and I obsess over them. I will often find myself thinking of them at random times during the day. I want to work on them right then and drop all my other responsibilities. Then after doing this project or hobby for a while, I get totally burned out on it and I never want to see that project, or ever do it again.

For example, I was an obsessive scrapbooker at one point in my life. I got so burned out with it that I haven't done it in years.

I used to spend hours making cards. I can't stand doing it any more.

I used to sew dresses for Bree. I haven't made one in years.

I used to piece and tie blankets for my kids. I buy them now.

Right now I am in a sewing frenzy. I made an apron and I loved making it. So I decided to do another and another for no apparent reason(I was trying to think who I could give one to just so I could make one).

Now I spend time on the internet trying to find projects to sew!!! I found a few skirts I just had to have. Unfortunately the fabric stores don't carry fabrics for apparel much anymore so I couldn't find any fabric to sew. I was disappointed all day last Saturday.

I found how to make cute fabric flowers and I had to have a place to put them so I put them on our Activity days binders I am making for the girls (I am doing activity days now and love it). This is a bit overboard, but I can't seem to help it. Can you say crazy or obsessive or mental or all three. What is wrong with me?

Anyway, here are a couple of the binders (with flowers).



No comments: