Sunday, January 30, 2011

My (1/2) Marathon Man

So about two weeks ago, Jason and I were running (I now run with Jason in the mornings because my running buddy is going to have a baby in June) and he told me he wanted to run a 1/2 marathon, in the near future. So I told him he might want to train because he has never run over 6 miles. He said OK, he'd run 10 miles and see if he cold do it.

The next Monday (he had the day off) we ran together for the first 5 miles (that is where I quit) and he kept going for the remaining 5 miles. He came home hardly even winded and said, yeah, I don't think a 1/2 marathon will be a problem at all.

So we signed him up for the Texas Half. It took place yesterday morning in Dallas.


Here he is at 5:30 a.m. getting ready to leave. He even slept on the floor with a sick daughter all night (I volunteered, but he wouldn't hear of it; sick kids are his territory).

This shirt is from his brother Austin when he ran cross country in high school. Jason wanted to represent the Wasatch Wasps well.
Good luck Jase.

Here he is after he got home. He did fabulously. His time was 1:49. He was 15th out of 50 in his age group and was 171 out of 737 overall. (that is with a 3 minute bathroom break:) hee hee).

I am so proud of him and pretty darn impressed considering he ran it without any training.

Now on to a full marathon (if we can find any that aren't on a Sunday).

1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

Wow, I am very impressed. That is amazing. It is kind of pathetic though seeing how guys can just wing this stuff and us girls have to actually train for it...no fair.