Breanna had strep throat and luckily we were able to get her into a clinic Monday night knowing that we wouldn't be able to get out Tuesday. She is doing fabulously now. I love good medicines.
I have found though, that there are some benefits of not having to leave the house for four days.
1. Bree has had a friend (Josh) to play with while she recuperates all week.
2. I have had plenty of time to work on my digital scrapbook.
3. The kids have had plenty of time to read (Bree has to read so many minutes every quarter for school, and I think she has already earned an A because she has been reading so much the last few days, which isn't like her).
4. I haven't been tempted to go shopping and spend money.
5. We have had some fun family time (no pressure to get to practices or lessons at night etc).
6. I haven't had to put make-up on or do my hair in three days (I'm not planning on seeing anyone). I've just pulled my wet hair up in a pony tail and called it good.
7. I haven't had to get up at 5 a.m. to go running. I've slept in until 6:30 every morning, which is heaven.
Luckily, we were pretty well stocked with food and such (Jason did have to go to the store and get milk and eggs after three days) so we didn't have to go out. Jason said the roads are terrible. He's even been able to work from home a couple of days. The kids have also been getting along wonderfully so that has made it so nice.
Hopefully you are all enjoying your week too.
1 comment:
Wow! That's not like Texas! Sometimes those days are nice, don't you think? We are just sitting up here in the cold! Kind of wish it would snow. By the way, love your new floors! My mom put the same kind in the cabin! Love them. Could you catch me up in the scrapbooking dept? What kind of digital program are you using? I guess I need to make the switch!
Post a Comment