Friday, February 25, 2011

Belated Valentine

I found a really great idea for Valentine's cards on some random blog I came across. So Bree agreed to let me try them. We went from this picture...

To this card...

I turned the card to black and white and colored her necklace and earrings red. The words were also red (although you can't really see any red in this picture).

I have to admit I was disappointed in the final product because Wal-Mart messed up on the brightness. These cards were actually the second batch because the first were so dark that you couldn't even see Hugo or the words. I told them they needed to lighten them and the guy told me that it was an art not a science to lightening the pictures and it wouldn't look as perfect as I might expect. After waiting 20 minutes for them to print new ones I didn't have to time to have them lightened again. So, you still can't see "From Breanna" at the bottom and the "Happy Valentine's Day" was too dark too.

Oh well, Bree loved them and that is the important part.

No comments: