Now a big culprit of my stressful holidays was the ward Christmas party. I will admit it really took it out of me this year. For the first two weeks of December I pretty much thought only of the party (hopefully I will be released by next Christmas, but chances are I won't). I can't really take that blame completely on myself but I don't seem to have the type B personality that lets things roll off my back easily, so I stressed more than necessary I am sure.
Last year I just decided to buy gifts rather than making things for everyone and let them complain if they like. That was one of my most brilliant ideas yet. This year I had a not so great idea to make an advent calendar for our family. I had plenty of fabric left so I decided to make another for my sister. No offense Kim, but it was a pain in the rear. They turned out cute, but nobody could pay me enough to make another one. I had to stitch around every ornament and package and sleigh and everything. Agggggghhhh. (Notice the pink cupcake on the calendar. This was my way of wishing myself a happy Decmeber birthday)
Then I thought it would be cool to make pillowcases for my nephews and neice. Once again, they turned out fine, but WHAT WAS I THINKING! They still don't have these pillowcases because I still haven't finished one. Kim's kids will be getting late Chri
Breanna kept telling me how much she loved the pillowcases and wished she had one with her name on it. Well I thought I would go above and beyond a mere pillowcase and make her a wrap around towel with straps and velcro and her name sewn on it. (I saw these at a craft fair and thought they were so cute, but why spend $48 on one they made, when I could make one just like it). I was so excited to give it to her for Christmas and what was her reaction after she opened it? "Oh," she said. Then instead of waiting for Joshua to take his turn opening a present she said, "can I open another one." As if this wasn't a real present and didn't deserve it's own turn at being unwrapped. WHY DO I DO THIS???? Just as a side note, when i went to look for it to get a picture I found it stuffed in her closet on the floor. I'm pretty sure it will never get any use.
Anyway, next year I will have learned my lesson....I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment