We have had a lot of fun having Grandma and Grandpa Soda here for Christmas. Jason usually takes off several days during this time so we can play while the kids are out of school. This year was no different. We have played just the same, but this year we had company to join us.
Unfortunately, I wasn't so good with the camera this year for some reason. I just had too much on my mind I suppose. My mom remembered her camera but forgot her cord to download them on my computer so we don't have many pictures of our Christmas/New Year.
The one place that I remembered my camera was the Gaylord Texan hotel. They always have great decorations and Grandma Soda was itching to go see the lights. So here are the few pictures we captured with them.
We also saw the movie "Bedtime Stories", went to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, shopped a lot at the after Christmas sales, ate tons of treats, and painted our master bedroom and started taking down the ugly wallpaper border in our master bath (this is a long story for another post).
We also went bowling. It was pretty humbling when Grandma Soda beat ALL of us and she hasn't bowled in about 15 years. Man she was on fire!
On New Years Eve we played chicken foot (dominoes), clue, and bingo for 5 hours leading up to midnight. The kids both made it but there were a few tears shed at midnight because as Breanna put it, "It was the best year I've ever had, and I don't want it to end." I think she may have been a bit tired because she was in a great mood the next day.
The weather has been beautiful here in Texas. We have enjoyed temperatures up to 82 degrees. The sun has been shining and we couldn't have asked for nicer days for Grandma and Grandpa Soda to visit (I know they were thrilled with the warm weather). It was a great holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment