Breanna is such a character. She can literally cry on demand. I've never seen a child turn emotions around as quickly and easily as she can.
When we were at a movie last summer, I believe it was Charlotte's web, she started sobbing long before Charlotte died. They were very loud sobs and very long sobs. After the movie a lady in front of us turned around and said, "It sounded like someone was sad". We have learned not to let her watch movies with a potential of being sad.
One day not too long ago we were just going about our various activities when she started crying big crocodile tears. We asked her what was wrong. She said, "I was just thinking of something sad. I don't remember what it was, but I just know it was sad."
Last night she was walking down the stairs and she started crying. Again, we asked what was wrong. She said her neck suddenly started to hurt. She said it must have been from a jump rope she had been using a while earlier. I guess it hit her in the neck, but the pain apparently didn't start until 20 minutes later.
Here in our family we have become very accustomed to these emotions but still Jason, Joshua and I find ourselves shrugging our shoulders in complete confusion. I'm wondering if we just don't give her enough attention. Then again, maybe it is just a girl thing.
2 comments:
All I can say is just wait until her teenage years...so fun ;)
I am only getting a glimpse of the whole girl thing, but I do believe that it is all a girl thing, and unfortunately regardless of age. The emotions I am afraid are here to stay.
Post a Comment