Friday, February 13, 2009

Don't we look smart?

For quite some time Joshua has claimed that he couldn't see very well. Several of his friends have glasses so both Jason and I assumed that he just pretending that he couldn't see well because he wanted glasses too. During Christmas break however, I was asking Joshua to read some signs way across a room at the airport. He couldn't read any of them and I could (I don't have great eyesight either). Again, I thought maybe he was faking it, but I figured since he had to have his eyes dilated and checked every other year because of his diabetes, I would go ahead and make an appointment.

Wow, he really needed glasses. His prescription for his glasses was much stronger than my prescription (I needed glasses too). The poor kid has been struggling to see in class for at least this whole year if not longer. So anyway, yesterday Joshua got glasses. I for one, thinks he looks very handsome and smart. I just feel good that he can finally see. :)


Now I have need of glasses basically when I drive or watch movies. I had my eyes checked back in December (because of a slight accident involving a tennis ball, my left eye, and little flashes of light in that eye). I was told that glasses would be a very helpful thing. I held off getting them until this year (our flex spending money was used up from last year). To make a long story short, Josh and I got glasses together.

Picking his glasses was much easier than picking my glasses. First, it didn't help matters that the store salesperson kept telling me I looked old with most of the glasses (a great boost to my self esteem, let me tell you). Second, it was hard to find a pair that didn't overemphasize the size of my schnoz.

I finally found a pair I liked though. Of course they didn't have the lenses in them when I bought them. So when I got home I put them on in the mirror and I realized the salesperson was right. Not only do I look old in glasses, I can see every little wrinkle on my aging face. At least before I had perfect eyesight I was in a state of ignorant bliss thinking I had nice youthful skin. Man, I hate glasses.

Anyway, here is a picture of the old lady with her handsome young son.




1 comment:

Kim said...

You both look very nice.