Friday, March 13, 2009

37 Years OLD!

Those of you who know my husband really well (aka his family) won't be surprised at all by what I am going to write about. Those of you who think of my husband as ALWAYS being proper, genteel, and demure, might be surprised. Don't get me wrong, Jason can be these things, but not usually. :) Here is an example:

Yesterday was Jason's 37th birthday. I made a beautiful cake (well that is arguable) that Jason requested.

After we sang happy birthday, I was taking a picture of him blowing out the candle (I just put on one candle because 37 is way too many). I took the picture and realized too late what Jason was doing in the picture. Here is the picture of him blowing the candle out.


Thank heavens I only put one candle on. I can only imagine what would be all over the cake if he blew 37 candles out with his nose!

My kids know their dad quite well and I thought I would share a poem Josh wrote in his dad's birthday card. Who knew it would be so appropriate.

ODE TO DAD

Happy Birthday Dad,
I will always be glad,
that you are my dad!

Sometimes crude,
but NEVER rude,
I am glad you are my dad!

You are the best,
out of all the rest;
Happy Birthday Dad!

We love him anyway!




No comments: