The hail sounded like rocks being thrown at our windows. I immediately got up to check what was happening. Jason was already up (and Joshua) and together we went down stairs to check it out. After the main hail was done Jason ran outside and grabbed a piece. It looked like many small pea size hail pieces had suck together into this large piece (this really is one solid piece). It was bigger than a golf ball and if you look closely next to Jason's index finger you can see a pointed part of the hail stone.
We kept it in the freezer for the kids to look at this morning. It would have done some serious damage if it had hit a car.
I went out after the hail was over and took some other pictures. You can kind of see the size of the hail. It was amazing.
This morning as I was taking the kids to school you could see with the sun reflecting off the cars that many had serious dents in their hoods. One car even had a huge hole in its back window. I am grateful we fit both our cars in our garage, because most people don't have room and their cars are in their driveways.
I'm sure Macco is thrilled this morning with all the business they will get.
Now this morning it is sunny and beautiful. I guess Texas weather is wild.
No comments:
Post a Comment