About two months ago I made reservations for a camp out at Ray Roberts lake (you have to do it way in advance to get the sites here at this time of the year). I have spent countless hours shopping, calling, etc to get ready for this camp out.
Unfortunately, you can't control mother nature. Of all the days that we would get a Texas sized storm, it was yesterday. I prayed and prayed that the rain would go away and it would be OK. But starting early in the morning the thunder and lightning started and continued with a non-stop down pour. Every newscast (including the Internet) said it would continue all day into Saturday.
At noon with the thunder roaring around us. I had to make a decision whether we would cancel the camp out. Several families suggested it be cancelled and I hated the thought of a muddy, wet camp out. So after much deliberation and much sadness on my part, I decided we would cancel our camp out. Just about the time I called the last family on the list to let them know it was cancelled, the rain stopped and the dark clouds dispersed.
I kept thinking the storms would start up again, but thanks to all my earlier prayers, they didn't. I felt terrible that I cancelled it!!!
In order to make it up to all the families who already paid for their campsites, we decided to have dutch oven desserts and games at the church. To make a long story short, the desserts were fabulously delicious, the games were a bust. So all those families who had been looking forward to this camp out...I'm so so sorry!
I made s'mores brownies to try and make it up to the kids. I don't think they worked.
No comments:
Post a Comment