I had tried to plan some nice things for Breanna during the confirmation time, but when we got to the church we found out we couldn't do any of the things we planned. There were also so many people in our ward group (four kids from our ward were getting baptized) and two of those kids had 50-100 people there for each of them, so it was really noisy and there wasn't much reverence around at all. (Of course one family had about 100 people in town for the BYU game and I really can't expect much more than that from BYU fans, they really are loud, rowdy and obnoxious:)
I was feeling pretty bad about the whole thing, but after it was all said and done, I watched Breanna with her friends and I realized that she won't remember all the things she didn't have as part of her baptism, she will only remember the good things. She will remember her friends, her family, her pretty dress , and her grandmas. And most importantly, she was baptized and confirmed and she felt special the whole day.
No comments:
Post a Comment