Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Sabbath day at home

Here's a quick update. Josh felt fine (except for a bit of a sore throat) most of the day yesterday. However, he started coughing a lot, his throat got worse and his fever reappeared in the evening. Jason had to get up with him in the middle of the night to give him more Motrin because his fever was going up and he was really chilled. He is doing well again today (still coughing though). So, we're going to continue with the Tamiflu and just take it day to day (since he seems to get worse in the evening). We won't know for certain whether he has the swine flu, so we'll still get the vaccine, but I am now thinking that he has it, but it isn't as bad as it could be (maybe the Tamiflu really helps).

However, since he had the fever, we are spending the day at home. Breanna is home as well because Jason had to be at the church for meetings way too early and Bree wouldn't have anyone to sit with.

I felt badly about them missing out on church so I made them read the Friend. As they were reading it, they noticed the cover had a drawing of kids building a temple out of blocks. My kids decided to do the same. (I know Breanna shouldn't be around Josh, but I can't keep her away from him, she refuses and I figure she has already been exposed many time over, so it isn't worth the fight).

Here is the beautiful temple. I especially liked Angel Moroni on the top.


Just so you all know how crazy it is down here concerning the Swine Flu, Joshua's doctor said he sees about 20 kids with it each day. A good friend of mine who is a school nurse says about 10 kids a day call in with new cases. She says she sends tons home everyday with the symptoms of the flu too. She said they show signs of headaches, sore throats and tiredness before the fever sets in (just like Josh's case). One school reported 10 percent of the kids were out with the flu.

Two other families in our ward that we talked to yesterday also have members sick with the flu.
I also looked it up on the Internet to see the prevalence in our area. We are listed in the "high" range of swine flu cases. The nation is at "moderate" level.

So there you have it folks. Hope you are all feeling well at your homes.>

1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

That is too bad, I hope it isn't the swine flu, but I guess like everything, it will run its course and be done. Great temple though, I love it.