Yesterday our kids had their Christmas piano recital. For Breanna it was a first. She was really nervous, but she had practiced her piece so much that she had it memorized, and she did a fabulous job. Bree picked the song "Angels We Have Heard On High" for her recital. Every time that song comes on the radio she gets a big smile on her face because it has become "her" song.
She asked today if she still had to practice her song. I told her she didn't have to anymore and she got really disappointed. I then told her she could play it as often as she liked and she was pretty excited about that. Here she is....
Joshua's teacher picked out a song for him that was really difficult. She said she specifically picked it for him because she thought he could do it. I was very worried when I heard it because it has a lot of skipping around on the piano and a lot of scales (I think that is what you'd call them) and such. I must admit I was worried about his number up until the time of the recital. I was recording his number and my had was shaking so much I could hardly turn off the camera.
At the beginning of his song there is a part he has to repeat. When he practiced it he often forgot to repeat it. I was worried he would forget it, and sure enough he forgot it. He then realized he had forgotten, but couldn't figure out where he was. So, at the beginning of the song, he had a moment of forgetfulness, but the rest of the song was fantastic. The third page was always his trouble spot, but he made it through like a champ and I was so proud of him. Here he is....
Josh and one other student (out of 20) also had to play a hymn for all of us to sing. Josh picked "Joy to the the World". He did a great job, but I was still recovering from his first song and forgot to record him. He didn't miss a beat and it was a good experience for him to accompany an audience. He is starting to learn the hymns now, so it was good for him. He picked this song up really easily. Since I forgot to record him, I am putting a recording done on our piano. Listen closely and you might hear Breanna singing.
No comments:
Post a Comment