Saturday, March 6, 2010

Locks of Love: part 2

While the boys were off at a scout camp out, Bree and I went to a Mother/Daughter party at her school. At this party, all the girls who wanted to participate in the Locks of Love program had their hair chopped off.
I had to cut off Breanna's ponytail which was pretty nerve racking, especially since I cut off more than Breanna had asked.

Bree was hoping her hair wouldn't be too short, maybe just past her shoulders. I guess I got carried away. Her first reaction was a bit of shock. She gave me a few sad looks (and one very angry scowl), but she eventually got used to it. After the hair stylist finished up the hair cut, and she got so many compliments, I think Breanna liked it (for the time being anyway). Personally, I love it. I think it is a great change.

She was excited to give the ponytail to be used for kids that need hairpieces though. It was a good experience for her.
Here are some before and after pictures. Quite a difference huh.
It thought their t-shirts were really cute.


Here she's enjoying some pizza after the big event.

2 comments:

Kim said...

wow...i didn't realize her hair was so long AND she looks beautiful with her new "do". What a great cause to donate it to!!

corrychronicles said...

I can't believe she did it! WAY TO GO BREEANNA! Her hair was way longer than I thought it was. It looks cute, I am sure she will love it too once she gets used to it.