Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A day a the lake

On the 5th of July we spent the day at the lake (I can't even remember the name of the lake). We all had a nice day on the boat with our friends, the Murrys.

Josh and Bree both tried skiing. Bree unfortunately got hit on the head by a ski and called it quits after a couple of tries. Josh tried a few times and did pretty good. He never got in the fully standing position, but made it a ways squatting :)


Jason had a great time on the wake board. He even got some air time over the wakes (followed quickly by crashing time ;). He looked good though and I was quite impressed.


We all rode the tubes too. (I'm not a water person, so I was just fine only trying the tubes). Bree and I got some really great waves and got some pretty scary air time. Bree was freaking out a few times, but realized that she was just fine if she hung on tight.


Now unfortunately, in our family, the kids have inherited Jason's sensitive skin. We smothered those kids in sunscreen several times during the day and still this is what they got....
Poor Bree was pretty grossed out with her big blister.
Josh's blisters are more spread out and abundant than Bree's big chin bubble. It is hard to see in this picture, but they are all over his cheeks, chin, lips and nose. Poor boy.

My poor miserable kids. They had a good time despite the sun burns. FYI, Jason got his fair share of the sunburn too, blisters all over his arms. I just got a bit of sun, nothing too major.

1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

They look soo thrilled in that last picture, but looks like soo much fun. Today Rylie has been on a kick about getting a dog, well your pictures just reminded me why I might not want to go that route. Too bad she wont understand that.