A couple of days ago I couldn't find Chloe. Josh told me that he had let her outside. I went to the door and called for her. She never came. I called some more, she still didn't come. After freaking out because I thought she had finally dug her way out of our yard, Breanna said, "Look mom, she's right there".
Sure enough, Chloe was right in the middle of the tomatoes (hiding). (In this picture she is sitting up, but she was crouching down before).
I called and called to her, but for some reason she didn't want to obey (not that this is unusual). If you look closely, you can see her normally very black face is a dirty brown color. HUH, guess why....
Our garden isn't the only victim of her digging. Along the fence she has been trying to follow that nose of hers and dig her way out to freedom where she can explore all those lovely scents everywhere. Also, the middle of the yard has holes where her nose tells her there are worms or grubs or whatever other innocent creature is finding refuge in that lovely bermuda lawn of ours.
Honestly, this dog is such a stinker, pill, turkey, monster, pain in the rear, etc (I use all these words, which I believe I got from my own mom).
So my message today is to think long and hard before getting yourself into this predicament we have found ourselves, don't get a dog!!!
1 comment:
I myself like dogs...holes and all...and Chloe is such a cute one. What is hard is when they get old and you have to put them to sleep.
Post a Comment