Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Locks of Love 2011

Breanna had a really good time last year donating her very long tresses to Locks of Love. So this year, she decided to do it again. Unfortunately, they need 10 inches and hers was only about 7 inches long. We asked if this was OK and they said that if Locks of Love can't use the hair because it isn't long enough, that they can sell it (I don't know who would want it) and make money from the hair, so Bree decided to do it again. I have to say that whoever got a wig with Bree's hair would be a lucky girl. She has the most fabulous thick hair. I'm not sure where it came from but her hair is about three times thicker than mine. As I was cutting through her ponytail, I practically had to saw it off it was so thick. She was really scared that I would cut off too much hair, but I love how it turned out. They had students from a hair styling school come and give all the girls free haircuts. ABC news also came to do a feature on these girls. I am proud to say that my backside made a huge entrance onto the news as we were cutting the girls' hair. I've always laughed when the news shows peoples' huge bums on the air when they are talking about obesity and such. Now I can say, I too have had that great privilege of having my rear end on the news. They also had booths where the girls could make necklaces, cupcakes, lip gloss, and have their nails painted and faces painted. I LOVE HER NEW SHORT HAIR!!!

No comments: