Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I love my men!

My two favorite men!

I can finally catch up a bit on my blog because I am stuck at home with one SICK boy on my hands. Poor Josh started feeling sick at tennis last night about 8 PM and started throwing up as soon as he got home. For most kids this wouldn't be so huge, but with diabetes, if you get dehydrated your body produces ketones (hard to explain all the details) which are basically poisonous to the body. The only way to get rid of ketones is to increase fluid intake and increasing insulin. Unfortunately, we couldn't get Josh's blood sugars out of the 50-70 range for five hours, so giving him extra insulin was out of the question and he couldn't keep any fluids down.


At about 2:00 am, after Jason had been up trying to get Josh to drink enough to get his sugar up without success, we decided that we had to take him to the hospital. So they hooked Josh up to an IV for fluids and gave him some nausea meds so he could start keeping some fluids down.


I always get so stressed when Josh gets sick because it is so much more difficult on his body than others. Luckily I have the best husband on earth. He is so calm and takes care of it like I never could. I don't know what I'd do without him. Poor Jase had to go to work this morning and do two presentations on 1 hour of sleep. I love him so much.


Anyway, Josh is sleeping peacefully finally and hopefully on his way to recovery.


On a happier note, here are some cute pics of HUGO our little stinker. He may look innocent, but he is quite a naughty little boy. He is fun though.

No comments: