Saturday, April 23, 2011

my latest project




I always love new projects. I obsess about them for a while and then I never want to do them again. My newest obsession came about because we needed to find a project to make for our mothers for activity days. I wanted to do some sort of necklace pendant. So I found directions for two kinds. I tested them both and made a ton of pendants in the process. I thought they would be great teacher/nurse gifts as well as presents for Bree's friends for their birthdays.


Bree and I went to the store and found stickers and paper that would work. We made the "glass" pendants together one night. They have magnets on the back and stick to washers attached to nylon stretchy necklaces. I also put bails (the things that the necklaces lace through) on the back of some. These were really easy to make. The hardest part was finding cute backgrounds.


The other type of pendant I made was more difficult and messy. You find wooden back, glue pictures on the wood, use mod podge on the outside, then finally make the top coating from resin stuff (slightly toxic in nature, not suggested for kids).


So I realized that glass pendants were much easier and we will be making them this week in activity days.


GLASS pendants
WOODEN pendants
Pretty exciting huh!

1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

Those are soo cute, you selling them? Rylie and I would love some.