Saturday, August 1, 2009

Creative dating

Lately I have been trying to come up with some fun dating ideas. Most of our dates are spontaneous and we don't put much thought into them. So we end up doing the boring thing of going out to eat or going shopping or whatever.

This week I decided to put a bit more thought into our dates. Well this is the best I could do.


I've never been fishing before (pathetic I know) so we went down to our little neighborhood ponds and did some fishing. They are catch and release ponds, thank goodness, because I don't like to eat fish. Anyway, Jason and I had a really nice time. It was relaxing and beautiful. We both caught a fish (Jason actually caught two). But my fish got away before we could get a picture. Now don't be amazed at the gigantic fish Jason caught, that is really all that is available to catch.

We had a really nice time, we are definitely going back again sometime soon I hope.

We were going to go for ice cream afterwards, but a storm came and we thought it would be better to get back to the kids if a big storm hit (they don't like thunder and lightning).

So we are still on the lookout for some fun, affordable date ideas. Anyone?

No comments: