I have only been pulled over three times in my life. Once as a teenager because my rear brake lights were out, once a few years back for speeding (no excuses there, I was just side tracked) and today.I was taking the kids and a couple of friends bowling for Breanna's b-day and we were driving down one of the roads close to the bowling alley. I was driving along, singing to the radio when I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the dreaded lights.
Anyone who has been pulled over knows that feeling when you see the lights. You immediately think, "was I speeding?, did I signal?, I can't afford this, what am I going to tell my husband?, etc, etc. The kids don't help by giggling, "mom was speeding, she's going to get a ticket."
Well, I told the officer in a very polite voice that I didn't think I was speeding, I was just going with the flow of traffic. He then told me I wasn't pulled over for speeding, our inspection was overdue. I glanced in the corner of our window and sure enough, it expired in MARCH! How could both Jason and I not notice that we are way past time for an inspection. I was a bit embarrassed about that. Then the officer asked for our insurance. Well, you guessed it we had old insurance cards in the car. I promised the officer that we had insurance I just forgot to change cards.
In the end I got two citations, one for the inspection and one for no proof of insurance. BUT thankfully they weren't moving violations so I just need to get it inspected and show proof of insurance and they will waive the fine. I feel like a bit of a fool, but hey, at least I don't have to fork out $150 for a speeding ticket.
1 comment:
What a day, so sorry you had to go through that.
Please tell Brea Happy Birthday from all of us.
Post a Comment