Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fishing update

Last night Jason and I decided to try the fishing thing again (I've decided I really enjoy fishing for some strange reason). We took our new hooks and lures that we purchased this week to try our hand at it again.

On Jason's first cast he got a nibble, which gave us hope. Then on the next cast he lost his new spinner. So he went back to his old one. After about an hour, Jason finally caught a little crappy (I think) by hooking it's fin. How proud I was of him.

Then we realized that we were getting some company. A man with his two young kids were coming to fish.

To make a long story short, the little girl (maybe 7) caught four fish in the first 10 minutes. The young boy (about 5) caught a fish not even trying (he set his pole down and the fish just caught itself). Finally the father caught a huge catfish within the first few minutes. We were trying to figure out what they had on their hooks. We decided that the kids had good old earth worms. I don't know what the dad had to catch his catfish but I'm guessing it was a special catfish food (cat blood or liver or something like that).

Both Jason and I were a bit embarrassed so we left and went back to Wal-Mart to get new lures and bait.

No comments: