Monday, March 15, 2010

The Chocolate "Log"

Jason's birthday was a week ago. He asked for a chocolate cake. I searched online and found a recipe from scratch for a chocolate roll cake. It looked delicious. I watched videos how to make the roll and decided it couldn't be that hard. I'm not sure what I did wrong, however, but it looked far from delicious when I was done and certainly was not easy. It went directly into the garbage.

I only had a couple of hours left so I grabbed a chocolate cake mix from the cupboard and figured it would work just as easily. Unfortunately, it didn't. It was worse than the first. It fell apart into about 20 pieces. I thought maybe I should make a trifle out of it, but I decided to try and salvage it by piecing it together with the pudding frosting instead.

Well sugar free pudding apparently is lumpy (I should know, I always make it), but it looked worse than normal this time. I tried to get the lumps out, but no such luck.

To make a long story short (I guess it is already long), the cake ended up looking like this pile of dog poo.

When Jason saw it, he laughed so hard and made some comment about the "dog poo" which wasn't very nice, but was right on the mark. I started to laugh and we both ended up crying hard because we were laughing so much.


So anyway, to conclude this sad tale of my failure at cooking (once again), the "DOG LOG" as it is affectionately known, looked much worse than it tasted. It was actually quite tasty (after you got over the fact you were eating a piece of poo).

1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

That is awesome Becky, so much for all your hard work. I am glad that it was atleast tasty in the end.