However, in this case, I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Over the course of the past 2 years (ever since I summarily dismissed Aggie from the family) I been repeatedly forced to endure the pleadings of my wife and daughter as they have begged for another dog.
It has gotten to the point where I have literally dreamed about these conversations. Let me tell you, speaking from experience, there is nothing more annoying than not being able to sleep because the sounds of "This time we'll get a small dog," "But Dad, dog's are just so cute," and "I sure wish I had a dog" are seared into your consciousness.
You might be wondering why I am telling you all this. Well, I went against every principle I hold dear and completely caved. Yet again, we are now a family of 5.
Let me introduce you to Chloe, our new Puggle puppy.
I had planned on keeping the fact that I am the proud owner of a designer dog quiet but, given the fact that Becky now walks around Keller wearing huge sunglasses, carrying a tiny purse, and holding Chloe...

...I guess I can't hide it. Breanna is acting the same way.
Our lives now revolve around this little creature...Grrrrrrrr. I just hope that the long term plan is not for me to end up in the kennel and Chloe to get my spot on the couch.
Anyway, from what I'm told, black Puggles are relatively rare. They're usually a tan color (faun? Whatever that is). Becky also promises me that Puggles have the best features of both the Pug and Beagle breeds (whatever that means).
You might be wondering how I'm handling all this...well, that's TBD. Chloe and I are feeling each other out. Our ultimate relationship will be determined by the weeks and months ahead.
Oh well, I have to admit, the dog is cute...and Becky, Bree, and even Josh really love her. I better have received some major brownie points for this...
Here's a few more pics:
2 comments:
SUCKER! You know you will totally be in love with it by the week end (if that hasn't happened already. It is a cute dog, I must admit.
Cute..cute...cute! Can you guess what my kids want now? We have been having the same conversations for the last 3 years! I wonder when we will cave? Love the dog!
Post a Comment