Sunday, March 21, 2010

Random thoughts by the kids

Bree's quote of the week:

Jason and I have been in a marriage/family relations Sunday school class at church. We read an article at home out of the manual each week. One week Jason was reading the article (about being critical of your spouse) out loud to the kids just for fun. It gave several pieces of advice on how to be a better spouse and how to be more accepting and less critical.

Later that week I asked Josh to comb his hair for school. He came back with a huge turkey tail and I asked him to let me fix it for him. Bree said to me very casually, "Mom, you have got to stop the needless pinpricking."

I started to laugh because she was so nonchalant about it and she actually knew what "pinpricking" meant. Apparently, she picked that up from our lesson; we are all learning from the Sunday school class.

Josh's quote of the week:

We are diligently (although very frustratingly) house training Chloe. We have successes and failures which I guess are part of the territory.
When Chloe goes potty outside we reward her with a treat and give her a lot of praise. I guess I go overboard with the praise at times and act a little foolish.

One specific time I was rewarding Chloe very lavishly and Josh was standing there watching. He started laughing and said, "Mom, I just went potty can I have a piece of candy too."

After that smart aleck comment I went over to him and instead of rewarding him with a treat I rubbed his hair and scratched him under his chin and told him what a good boy he was in my most annoying high pitched voice (that I use with Chloe).

I relented and gave him some candy too.

No comments: