Usually this source of letting her energy loose is by moving at all times. She runs up and down our hallway kicking her soccer ball against the door to make goals. She runs in the backyard playing tag. She walks around while talking on the phone. She wiggles and changes positions for the entire half hour of piano lessons or practicing the piano or during her 15 minutes of reading each day (she has even been caught reading upside down on the couch because she couldn't sit like a normal child).
She doesn't know the meaning of sitting still. We've tried to teach her but it just won't work. I'm pretty sure she inherited all of her dad's genes (I understand he was a bit restless as a child too) because she is so unlike me in every way that I often wonder if she is really mine (although I was there when she was born so I guess she really is my child :).
Anyway in just under a week, Breanna has received two very nice bruises because of her never-ending supply of energy and movement. The first happened as we were climbing in Enchanted rock. Bree doesn't like to take the nice easy routes. She must find the most difficult exciting path possible. To top it off, she likes to run rather than walk when she is climbing around. As a result, she got this on her knee. It is much prettier in real life. The camera never does it justice.
She had to sit out the game on Saturday and it about killed her. She kept telling us her ankle was fine but we wouldn't let her play. She had her head in her hands the whole game (well when she wasn't up running in circles and spinning around, like I said she can't sit still, even when she is injured).
I think these two injuries are only the beginning for our young lady.
1 comment:
That's horrible, the knee looks really bad. What a tough little girl.
Post a Comment