Friday, September 2, 2011

We are still alive, despite the heat



My mom called the other night all worried because it has been so long since we've posted on our blog and she thought something was wrong (it was just my way to get her to call me:). Anyway I don't know that I have an excuse for not posting. Maybe it's because I haven't had a moment to post (kids getting back in school, last minute summer activities, dog getting sick and having surgery, Bree's b-day and party), or maybe it is just because I am just so dang hot all the time, I just don't have the energy to do anything but lay under the fan and sulk.


So as of August 31, we have officially had the hottest summer on record here in north Texas. Averaging all the temperatures from June, July, and August, the average was like 90.5 degrees. It hasn't ever been over 90 before. Seriously, that is including lows at night. Our lows have been around 85. That is insane. Jason and I went running on Monday at 5:30 AM and it was 91 degrees and sprinkling (meaning high humidity). That is just weird when it is dark outside and still hot.


BUT..... the weather forcast says that today is our last 100 degree day (for a while anyway). We're going to cool down to 99 tomorrow and in the low 90's for next week!!!! I am so excited and I'm not being sarcastic. We've had something like 67 days over 100 this summer.


I know this is nothing for people who live in places like Arizona, but seriously, I am so ready to leave this summer behind.


There mom, here is your post. Maybe when it cools down I'll post about Bree's birthday party and our fabulous vacation to Utah and Yellowstone. Is it too late to post that?

1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

I truely feel for you guys...sorry. I hope it cools down soon and stays that way. And its never too late to blog, look at me its been since May, UGH! But we haven't had the internet for over a month and that is my challenge this week-BLOG, BLOG, BLOG :0)