Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Birthday bash

This year my birthday was on a Friday, so I decided to make the day extra fun. Since the kids and Jason (and myself) didn't have to wake up early the next morning, I decided that after we went to eat we could watch "Elf" on our makeshift outdoor movie theater. It was a rather crisp evening, so we had to bundle up really well not to freeze. Josh and I sat in chairs but Bree and Jason watched from the trampoline. Those on the trampoline froze, but Josh and I were nice and toasty with our triple layer clothes, coats and big blankets.




( Bree has been begging for a Santa hat for years and she finally got one. She wears it everywhere. Funny girl).



I made this advent calendar a few years back and the kids love it. I made a couple of modifications from the pattern. Notice anything off?





This is my favorite change I made from the pattern. I had to add a birthday ornament for myself.


This is what I look like at 38 years. The red nose from the cold is my best feature.







No comments: