Tuesday, December 20, 2011

thanksgiving day

This year we stayed home for Thanksgiving, which is probably good since both Jason and I were sick with colds (and low fevers). We decided not to let our colds slow us down and we took the kids on a short (1 3/4 mile) turkey trot in the morning.

What troopers!

I actually took my camera on the run because we have local wild turkeys that roam our neighborhood. I thought it would be a good picture, and also some fun to chase them (or them chase us), but unfortunately this was the only turkey I spotted.

Afterwards we had the normal Thanksgiving dinner which I'm sure was good (well maybe not, I cooked it), but I wasn't feeling too great and only ate a little bit.

We had tons of leftovers and I made a really yummy soup called Turkey dumpling soup (yes, I cooked this one too, amazingly). The best part was the dumplings were made with the leftover stuffing. YUMMY!! I liked this much better than the actual Thanksgiving meal.

It was a nice break having Jason home. We even braved the cold and did some black Friday shopping the next morning. It was Jason's first time. He said he was very disappointed and that is is way overrated. He might do it another year, but probably not. He would come if I asked nice though:)

No comments: