Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Zoom, Zoom

Every year there are six days that bombard our family with noise. Now, I don't mean the consistent rumble of my kids playing or Beckyafter a big bowl of chili, I mean real noise.

Two of the noisy days come on one Sunday in April and another in November when we get the pleasure of listening to NASCAR race cars screaming around Texas Motor Speedway. The other four noisy days come in mid-October for the Alliance air show (2 days of practice and 2 days of the show).

Now, I've never been much of an airplane guy. Sure, they are cool but,they never "dazzled" me like, say...the Detroit Tigers or Utah Jazz. But the Alliance air show has me teetering on the edge of aircraft fascination.

This past Saturday, the kids and I were a little bored. So we got in our mid-October attire (shorts and T-shirts) and headed out to watch the airshow (granted from a safe distance, Dad doesn't like traffic). Let me just say this...it was awesome.

You want evidence? Check out this video of the Blue Angels:




Want more? Try this video of the Blue Angel's again (Listen to the audio, the kids crack me up):




Here are a few more pictures of the Blue Angels, a huge C-130, and some bi-planes doing some crazy maneuvers:





Anyway, like I said, it was awesome. I never realized how loud those planes were. Man, am I glad that those guys are on my side.

On a completely different note, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I had the esteemed privilege of going to Amon Carter Stadium and watching the mighty Utes defeat the lowly TCU Horned Frogs. It was agreat game...and the final outcome was perfect. I would say more, but I getemotional just thinking about it. Read more about the game by clicking HERE.

No comments: