Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wild and Crazy

So last night we went over to a friend's house for family night. We had a nice dinner, decorated Halloween sugar cookies and carved pumpkins. We thought the kids would really enjoy these fun activities. As it turns out however, the six adults ended up carving all 9 pumpkins while the kids had plans of their own.

The kids blared the music in the house and danced the night away. Now I made the comment that Joshua would never dance, but to my utter amazement, I caught him shaking his bootie right along with all the other kids. I realized that Joshua definitely has his father's dancing genes. In this picture, Joshua is showing us his "robot" moves (I can only imagine Jason doing this exact move back in the 80's).




















Breanna, on the other hand, has her mother's dancing genes. There really is no grace, but there is energy. She reminded me a bit of Elaine on Seinfeld at times, a bit jerkey, a bit off beat, but she had no problem letting the world see her moves. I tried to import a video clip of Elaine dancing but I couldn't figure it out. So if you are inclined to see how Breanna dances, just google "Elaine dancing on Seinfeld" and you can see a glimps of how our beautiful daughter dances.















Now I don't want anyone to think I don't love my children dearly, I just don't think that dancing will ever be a strong point on the list of family talents. That said, I hope you all have a groovy day.

No comments: