Wednesday, November 7, 2007

DIY project

Because our builder (and many others I would guess) used the cheapest supplies possible when building our house, our door knobs were well overdue for an upgrade. Our outdoor knobs were once brass colored, but that lasted only about 6 months. Since then, the knobs have been brownish and chipping all over. I guess the cheap stuff doesn't like the weather.

I'd finally had enough and ordered new hardware for all of our doors on the lower floor. I was amazed as I took off the old knobs to see that they were made of plastic and several of them were cracked or broken on the inside. Yes, we definitely needed an upgrade. Anyway, here are some pictures of our newest knobs in our house. I'm sure most of you just couldn't care less about this, but I thought some of you might like a look.





1 comment:

Corry's said...

I really think you could have your own show on HGTV.

I'm so glad you are so crafty.