Two years ago I attemped my first turkey and it was so dry not even Jason would eat leftovers. Last year we had dinner with some friends. But this year I decided I wanted to try a turkey again. Unfortunatly, due to some temperature issues (it is a long, boring story) I wasn't able to enjoy the turkey because I was so worried about giving my family food poisoning. I'm pretty sure we're out of the woods now though, so I can enjoy the leftovers.
I had seen a thing on the news about the correct ways to handle turkeys. It totally freaked me out so I bleached our kitchen twice after I was done preparing the turkey. (Our kitchen smelled like a turkey baking in a swimming pool). Jason didn't say much during the meal so I think he was a bit bothered by the smell. Oh well, that is life living with Becky Corry, the germ-a-phobe. You'd think he would be used to one of my many quirks.
Another fun thing we did was taking a bike ride with the kids. We took off Breanna's training wheels and she rode like a pro. She was riding circles around Joshua who is quite cautious while riding his bike. Here are some pictures of the kids. Notice Joshua's bike. It is too small for him, we know, but we wanted to wait to get him a bigger bike until he decides he really likes riding it. I think he has decided he likes it. Today the kids rode for about an hour around our house while Jason put some lights up.
Now I mentioned Jason putting lights up, it was actually putting lights down, around the ground. After his falling off the 20 foot ladder/ambulance coming/going to the emergency room/having knees like hamburger/getting 20 to 30 stiches/not walking for several days incident a few years back, he refuses to get up high. Therefore, we chose lights that are put down low to the ground.
This is the first year we have tried the light thing for Christmas, but only because our kids have been doing the "everyone else in the neighborhood puts up lights but us" thing. Now this isn't true, but the kids seem to think we are the most boring parents that lived. We'll see what else they make us do out of guilt.
No comments:
Post a Comment