Thursday, November 29, 2007

What are you going to do all day?

At the beginning of this year, the question I heard from everyone I know was "What are you going to do all day now that both of the kids are in school?" Most people were well meaning, just making conversation maybe. There may have been a few who were a bit critical of my choice on not working outside the home now that the kids aren't around all day. But as I heard this question more and more, I actually started worrying about what I would do all day. What if I couldn't find enough stuff to do and I ended up one of those women who watch soap operas and eat bon bons all day (as Jason nicely puts it). When people asked this question I would just say, "I'm not sure yet." Well let me tell all of you women who stay at home and worry about what you will do someday when your children are in school, I'm still not sure what I do all day. BUT, I can tell you one thing I don't do is watch TV and eat bon bons. I have never been busier, for some strange reason. I haven't even picked up a book since school started, and I LOVE reading. People still ask what I do and I don't have any specific thing to tell them. Jason will tell you our house has never been messier! I seem to constantly run out of time to do dishes and put the laundry away. Go figure.

This week for example, I spent two days from 8:30- 3:00 at the stake center helping to set up for a huge nativity display our stake puts on every year. After school is a complete mad house as most of you understand. Then today I spent half the day at the school helping out our teachers (I am at the school a lot, just ask the secretary).

OK, I do write occasional blogs, but that is in between loads of laundry and while the bread is rising, and the chicken is cooking for dinner, and the dishes have been done!! (Don't ever accuse me of not being able to multitask).

Basically all I am saying, is somehow, someway, I am doing just fine trying to find things to keep myself busy. As a matter of fact, things are really finding me, I am not trying at all.

1 comment:

Corry's said...

Wow...reading this blog you would think that you came right from the 1950s. Laundry, cooking, cleaning, making bread...amazing.

If you could only get Jason to do anything around the house besides eat and read the newspaper...then you could say you were finally a 21st century family.