Sunday, November 11, 2007

Our girly girl?!?

First, Ijust want everyone to know it is 6 in the morning and this is sleeping in for me. For some reason I can't seem to stay up past 9 PM and I have been waking up at 5 AM. So I figured I had a while before I had to get ready for church and decided to come do a blog.

Anyway, back to the real reason I am posting. Ever since Breanna was a little baby she has been a very independent and rather rough and tumble little girl. She has never wanted anything to do with dolls and would rather run around the house destroying monsters or making traps for scary creatures (usually with Joshua). Lately however, she has shown a feminine side I didn't know existed. First, the only thing she wants for Christmas is an American girl doll. She does like this doll because it comes with a basketball uniform and comes in jeans, but it is a doll none the less. Second, she asks to wear skirts to school about once a week. She does like to wear her running shoes with the skirts, but hey, she is in a skirt.

Finally, I have to tell a story about her "dress". I was at a store with a friend who has a very girly girl for a daughter. My friend was buying a very fancy dress for her daughter and I made the comment that Breanna wouldn't like that kind of dress. Well my friend talked me into just trying it out with Breanna, then the two girls could wear the dresses together blah blah blah. I thought the dress was really cute so I fell for it and bought the dress. To make a long story short, Breanna loves it. She has to wear her dress for atleast half an hour a day (only while she reads so it doesn't get dirty) because she absolutely adores it. She begged me to let her wear it to school this last week (with her running shoes) but I refused and said it was only for church.

Then she begged to get shoes that went with the dress (because I wouldn't let her wear running shoes or flip flops with it). We bought some shoes yesterday and she wore the shoes all day. She changed into her shoes right after her soccer games and wore them with her whole soccer outfit, shin guards and all. (I wanted a picture but she refused). She even wore the shoes to a birthday party with some camouflage shorts and a brown shirt. The shoes are her favorite because they are "high heels". She commented, "I am only six and I'm already wearing high heels". I'm not sure what to think. Where has my little rough and tumble Breanna gone?

Anyway, here is a picture of Breanna wearing her new dress and shoes for church (I am posting this a bit later). I may be biased but I think she is a cutie. I also posted a couple of short videos of her in her last soccer game of the season. This was the hardest team that they played this season, but the girls really tried hard and put in a great effort. They lost by quite a bit, but it was a good game anyway.

1 comment:

Rocky Mountain Merrill's said...

Bree looks so girly in that beautiful dress. What a pretty princess.