Friday, July 4, 2008

fireworks


Last night we decided to go to a local fireworks show. We got some treats for the kids and found a parking lot off the side of the road and ended up playing 20 questions and I spy for 1 1/2 hours while we waited for the big show. That was fun except that for some reason I was attracting fire ants. Those stupid ants kept biting me. I had never heard of fire ants until I moved here. They are miserable little creatures.

Anyway, back to the actual subject. The show was good, but the first thing Joshua said when it was over was, "That wasn't as good at the Logan fireworks". I must agree. I really don't think I am just biased because I grew up there, I really think they have a much better production.

It definitely helps to have music along with the fireworks, like you get in the Logan stadium. My favorite memory and song was when they would play Neil Diamond's "Coming to America". I don't know why, but whenever they played that when I was little I would get chills. So in honor of that memory, we sang (very loudly I might add) along to that song the whole way home from the fireworks (yes we are weird, but we have Niel Diamond in our car).

So I hope all those Loganites (is that what you are called?) got to enjoy those fireworks for us.

P.S. Joshua wants me to tell you all that I didn't take the picture at the top. I forgot my camera.

No comments: