Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Softball

So what is Jason's favorite thing to do when it is 100 degrees outside? He plays softball (actually his favorite thing is sitting at a Rangers baseball game, but this is a close second). Our ward started a team to play in the community league and they play every Tuesday night. Most of the games are double headers which makes for a lot of sweaty men. They had played 3 games and hadn't had much luck winning. But last night they finally pulled off a win! The other three games were all really close and so were hard to lose. So this win was definitely welcomed. I really enjoy watching these games and it's fun hanging out with all the other wives too. Here is a clip of one of Jason's hits. He picked the number 10 in honor of his two children's birthdays (May 10th and August 10th). The kids are so proud.

On the topic of the heat, last night at gametime, the temperature had cooled down to 100 from 102. Now honestly it isn't the heat the gets to me. It is the humidity. I remember when we first moved here I would walk outside I could immediately feel and smell this heavy moist air (I have become used to how it feels and smells now). That was in Septemeber. I really didn't know what I was in for in July and August. After five summers here I guess I am getting more used to the heat but I don't know that I will ever love the sticky, wet feeling of the humidity. They say that people in humid climates age more slowly, which is the only benefit that I can possibly see. OK, enough of my complaining. Once we get through the next month and a half, I will once again enjoy the Texas weather.

3 comments:

corrychronicles said...

Crazy that we do things like that in the heat of the summer and actually try to say we enjoy it. so sorry it is so hot and humid there, I guess it is a good thing you love it so much.

Tay and Liz said...

What a stroke!! Jase you looked like you were 20 again! Good luck the rest of the season.

corrychronicles said...

You might be old and bald but the swing still looks good.