Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our ward 5th of July breakfast

Yesterday we got to go to our ward's annual 4th of July breakfast (although it was on the 5th for some reason this year). It was a yummy breakfast with pancakes (made lovingly by my wonderful hubby), fruit, quiche, juice, and muffins. It reminded me of when I was young and we went to ward breakfasts. I always thought they were so yummy.

After the breakfast they were having a bike parade. The kids could decorate their bikes if they wanted and participate in the parade. Breanna was all for it. She was so thrilled to put the streamers all over her bike and ride around.

Well, I have to confess, I am a bad mom. I told Breanna to take her helmet off so I could get a cute picture of her riding her bike. She looked at me in utter amazement mixed with disgust and said, "DO YOU WANT ME TO CRASH AND GET HURT OR SOMETHING?" She definitely put me in my place. There is one thing about Breanna, she doesn't like to bend the rules at all. She is by the book. Even notice in the picture that she is the only one wearing a helmet. That still didn't sway her decision. What a good girl :) (I had to settle for a picture with her next to her bike).














Joshua wasn't too thrilled with the bike parade thing. I guess he is getting a little too old for that kind of thing. All he wanted to do was play his gameboy and play with his buddy Jacob. I guess I can't blame him, he is just growing up so fast.

2 comments:

corrychronicles said...

FUN!! I wish our ward did something like that.

Carie Ann Wall said...

Jake wouldn't ride his bike either? He thought he was too old too. Brent and I couldn't find Jake during the breakfast, but it didn't take me long to realize where he was. Thanks for letting him sit with you guys!