Sunday, July 6, 2008

She says it like it is


I just love posting things Breanna says to me because then I will always remember how much she loves me and thinks the world of me. Here are the most recent comments she has made to me.

1.A couple of weeks ago I had my hair cut. Breanna looked at me and I asked if she liked it (I know she will be honest with me). She didn't try to soften her answer or anything, she just said "no" I don't" and left it at that. Luckily, I did like it so I just laughed.

2.A couple of nights later Jason and I were getting ready to go out to dinner for our overdue anniversary. Breanna looked at me and said, "I really like your outfit mom. That belt is really cool and that shirt is really cute."

"Well thank you Breanna," I said in amazement.

"But those pants, I don't like them. They don't have enough decorations on them."

What love she has for me.

3. Yesterday we were getting ready to go to the pool. I put on one of my swimming suits that I haven't worn since last year. Breanna looked at me and said in a rather disgusted/confused voice (she has mastered this voice, trust me), "Are you really going to wear that to the pool mom?"

I know I'm no beauty in a swimming suit, but hey, give me a break.

4. Last night Breanna fell asleep on our bed so Jason just took Joshua in the game room and they camped out in there while Breanna slept with me. This morning as I was coming out of the bathroom I heard Breanna crying. I walked over to sooth her like a good mom would and asked what was wrong. She started sobbing at this point and said, "Josh and dad got to sleep in the game room and I had to sleep with you!"

She really knows how to boost the ol' ego.

5. Finally this morning I was ironing a shirt for Joshua and Breanna was sitting next to me playing with some clay. She was making a heart. I told her I thought that it was cute. Then she put it down on the table in between a clay letter in the shape of an "I" and a clay arrow pointing to me. She said, "I love you, mom".

Oh, what a sweetheart. I guess those little sweet moments make up for all the brutally honest moments she has with me. I love you too, Breanna

1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

Sometimes they know how to say just the right things, right? Too bad they are sometimes far apart.